Greater Europe Mission’s business model, while still relatively new, is centered on sending a diverse mix of missionaries from many different cultures and countries. The new model provides several benefits for GEM, including insurance if the U.S. further wanders from its Christian roots, opportunities to recruit missionaries outside the U.S., and access to the many giftings that exist throughout Christ’s church. The company’s two primary competitive advantages are its expertise on witnessing in Europe and its member care services, such as leadership development and counseling. GEM’s primary target market for acquiring donors is Baby Boomers or those belonging to older generations, who generally have more disposable income. The company’s primary target markets for recruiting new missionaries are university students, young adults in their 20s, and to a lesser extent, families and older couples. GEM invites people to take part in its mission trips, refugee outreach program (GEM Refuge), discipleship multiplication training (DMT), or student internships. John Burns, GEM’s CEO, has served in this role since 2016 and previously started a non-profit called Lionsraw. Chris Tweedy has been serving as GEM’s CFO for about five years and has many years of public accounting experience with Arthur Anderson and Pricewaterhouse Coopers. Charles Cross, Vice President of Advancement, has worked for GEM for the last 23 years in various roles and has 10 years of public accounting experience with Arthur Anderson. GEM’s contribution revenue is expected to grow 1.5% in 2021, 2% in 2022, 4% in 2023, and 5% in 2024. The company’s total revenue is projected to grow a total of 9% from 2022 to 2024. GEM’s net assets are expected to decrease to about $500,000 in 2021 but grow about 6% each year in 2023 and 2024. The organization has only one note payable at 1.5% interest on its operations building in Southern Germany.
Barrientos, Jorge; Davenport, Justice; Oliveira, Vinicius; Pettingell, Neilson; Pillay, Drishana; Pride, Jonathan; Purnell, Vauntez I.; Crawford, Dr. Bill; Dash, Dr. Joel; and Jelsing, Prof. Michael, "Great Europe Mission Business Plan" (2020). Business Undergraduate Work. 1.